Friday, April 15, 2016

Do not jump the queue!

#5 of the the ten "weirdest taboos in Sweden" is a deal breaker for me.  I get LIVID when I am in Sweden and someone tries to cut the line (that's what we call it in the States).  It's part of the American culture too.  Believe me, I work at schools and no where else is the line more closely monitored by guards and "inmates" (AKA children) than there. :-)  "She cut the line!", "He cut!" These cries bring a shiver to my spine.  Ugh!  And it's even more infuriating when grown-ups try that ****.  So just don't and definitely not in Sweden where they will appear to be casually queuing up but actually everyone is zealously guarding their spot in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...