Friday, November 20, 2015

Start2Art

So we all know what happened when I tried to make something every day ... (clearing of throat)... not so successful.  But you'll be happy to know that I have cleared my plate to paint!  This means that I have actually been scheduling time in my downstairs dungeon, I mean studio, and there's some success. Time + effort = results!  Who knew? ;)  Start2Art is my new mantra, and business idea too.

Let's just get going and create.  My life is art and I want to make it my way.  I love education, and kids and art so putting them all together makes sense.  I realize that people don't know about my artistic skills because I purposely put them under a bushel (skipping the scrutiny of something I care so deeply about) but it's time.  This little painting is going to the NAA for their holiday show.  I have another painting underway and a small one that I did outside so the wheels are turning.

Having a hard time scheduling creativity into your life? This gadget, the make time clock, is supposed to help.   It's almost fully funded on Kickstarter which leads me to believe that there are a lot of other people out there who feel the need to be creative and just need to get going.  Here's their pitch, I like it.  Do you?
A beautiful device to inspire passion projects despite everyday life. Learn to harness your creative rhythm.

And by the way, don't forget this little gem (and here I am speaking to myself again as well as others).  You aren't helping anyone by being too busy, especially yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...