Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Varm korv

snostilen.se
Hi everyone, are you looking forward to barbecue season?  I am but there's one thing missing -- korv. Swedish hot dogs with mustard are the best.  I wish I could grill one up right now.  Eaten with mashed potatoes or a roll they hit the spot and are always a clear fav with the kiddos.


There's lots of different recipes on line but here's one that looks approximately like Scans. Of course making your own kind of takes away from the appeal of the fast n' easy meal, but if you are really missing the taste, it might be a good one to try - let me know how it comes out!
SWEDISH KORV 
8 lbs. lean pork
4 lbs. lean beef
6 lbs. potatoes, ground
1 c. onions, ground
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. allspice
3 tbsp. salt

Grind all the meat together twice, then mix in with the other ingredients. Pack in casing and simmer about 1/2 hour. Prick sausage before boiling to eliminate air bubbles. If you want to freeze the sausage, do not boil, but freeze after stuffing and then, when ready to use, put in cold water and let them simmer. Remove sausage from the water and fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...