Thursday, April 16, 2015

FIKA

Well this explanation from Gevalia kind of sums it up.  But, my thoughts on fika are more like this:
Fika Haiku
Warm coffee, bulle
sugar gossip served on side
time to Fika now!
Tee, hee.  Well not much of a poet but it is nice to take some time to treat yourself during the course of the day to a break with a nice cup of joe and preferably a sweet to go with, like a bulle (bun). I miss the days of sitting and chatting with my friends, or mom.  I made this painting when I was missing the warmth of my mother's kitchen and being able to stop by for fika with her.

I've seen a lot on the web lately about the idea of fika, it's certainly not too hard of a concept but I guess the simple things are something for which we all long.  Connecting over a cup of coffee everyday is a simple but well deserved treat.  Here's a nice recipe for bullar (Swedish buns) that you may like to have with your coffee.  https://sweden.se/culture-traditions/cinnamon-buns/ Fika mera!

Addendum from Vecko Revyn, included in the 18 things you miss from Sweden when you live in a foreign country.  Yum!
http://www.veckorevyn.com/Livsstil/18-saker-man-saknar-med-Sverige-nar-man-bor-utomlands


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...