Saturday, March 7, 2015

Kakelugn

Hi everyone, one of my favorite inspirational home decor sites has posted a series of kakelugn shots. What's that?  It's a fireplace from the 1800's that uses a tile surround, and usually is the prettiest and warmest place in the house.  Check out this nice white one in the corner of this modern, white kitchen that My Scandinavian Home posted.
Another beautiful white one is in the livingroom.  Typically you would have burning logs and you could close the doors to keep the room warm for a long time as the tile heated up, several hours even after the fire went out.  That sounds pretty good right about now.
Here's another shot of the beautiful living room.  Even without the kakelugn this room with its high ceilings, beautiful floors, and chandelier would be a place I'd love to kick off my shoes and hang out in.  File under living room inspiration!  Inspired by the stove?  Read mrre about swedish kakelugn at this site with beautiful shots and great information at theswedishfurniture.com.
Have a great and warm weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inn Along the Way

It went well! My first artist residency in Maine from August 21 - 26 is in the books, literally, look at my scrap book below. :) I was pleas...